The Place offers a range of outreach sessions which take a participative, informal, preventative approach to a range of substance misuse issues. They are suitable for small groups and larger groups of up to 35 young people. Sessions are age appropriate and can be delivered to those between the ages of 11-25 years old. Workshops typically last 60 minutes.
Key Stage 2 (ages 9-10 years old):
- Year’s 5 & 6: The effects of smoking and alcohol
Key Stage 3 ( ages 11-14 years old):
- Year 7: Drugs session: overview of smoking, solvents & alcohol
- Year 7: Dedicated smoking session
- Year 8: Drugs Session: stereotyping, cannabis myths, dealing with pressure
- Year 9: Drugs Session: health effects of common substances, reasons for use & alternative ways to fulfil this
Key Stage 4 (ages 14-16)
- Year 10: Drugs Session: why people use drugs, in depth focus on alcohol
- Year 11: Dedicated Session: new psychoactive substances (‘legal highs’)
- 16+: drugs categories and common myths, Q&A.
If you would like to discuss the tailoring or creation of new workshops to meet your groups need please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Place can also facilitate interactive information stalls for community events, college or university fresher’s fares on request.
Assemblies promoting the one to one support element of The Places work and stimulating discussion around substance misuse topics are also available on request.
Staff Briefings and Workshops:
The Place can also facilitate staff briefings and workshops for those who work with young people on a range of subjects.
If you wish to find out more please contact us on 01792 472002.
If you wish to make a booking please download, complete and return this form to: